The ability to communicate well—to read, write, listen, and speak—prepares students for life. These are essential skills because they serve as the necessary basis for further learning and career development. The Cornell High School English courses benefit students by
(1) challenging students to become effective communicators of written and oral language,
(2) fostering an understanding of and appreciation for literature,
(3) honing media, technology, and information literacy,
(4) enhancing vocabulary acquisition and critical thinking skills, and
(5) encouraging students to be active, responsible, and independent learners who are college and career ready.
READING DISCLAIMER: As students select and encounter increasingly complex text, they may be exposed to adult language and content (e.g., profanity, suggestive topics, racial slurs, and violence). Please be aware that books are carefully selected for overall content and may portray real-life applications of such topics.
If you have a question or concern, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am here to help!